Rusty Cox – Boyle County Building Inspector

Covering the jurisdictions of:
Boyle County * Danville * Junction City * Perryville

321 W. Main St. Room 203, Danville, Kentucky 40422
Phone: (859) 238-1107
Cell: (859) 319-4742
Fax: (859) 239-0003

Building Permits are Required for:

One & Two – Family Dwellings
Commercial Buildings
Decks and Porches
Multi-family Dwellings
Attached & Detached Garages
Residential Storage over 200 sq.ft.
In-ground Pools
Change of Use (Commercial)

Building Permits are Exempt for:

Prefabricated Residential Storage
Farm Buildings (Barns, Storage, etc.)
Legitimate Farm Dwellings
Small accessory buildings under 200 sq.ft.

Manufactured homes are regulated by Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction. Check with building inspector about projects involving these homes.


Downloadable Documents (PDF)

Boyle County Contractor License – Fillable (2018)

Building Permit Fee Schedule (2017)

Building Permit Guide – A guide to the permit and construction process. (2017)

Residential Application 2017

Commercial Application 2017

Floating Boat Docks Ordinance No. 340.9


Applicant/Agent must supply the following items to the building inspector’s office:

  • Planning and Zoning permit
  • Proof of contractor’s license
  • Contractor’s proof of liability insurance in the amount of not less than $350,000
  • Proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance for work crew
  • Contractor’s Occupational License (Contractor’s information kept on file for all subsequent projects)
  • Blueprints or detailed plan designs.

Make Checks Payable to : Boyle County Fiscal Court

Mail Application and Check to:
Boyle County Building Inspector
321 West Main Street
Danville, KY 40422
Contact Numbers
Danville-Boyle County Planning & Zoning
Property Addressing – Mike Wilder
Electrical Inspector – Arthur Elliott
Plumbing Inspector – Darren Brockman
Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction
BUD (Call Before U Dig)
Boyle County Health Department
(859) 238-1235
(859) 238-1109
(859) 265-1036
(859) 238-3338
(502) 573-0373
(800) 752-6007
(859) 236-2053