Boyle County Detention Center has an immediate fill position for Deputy Jailer/ Maintenance.
Deputy Jailer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Under direction of the Jailer, performs duties and responsibilities necessary for proper operation of the county jail
- Supervision, Safety and Security of Inmates
- Transports prisoners as required
- Maintains necessary working knowledge of all state and county laws
- Prepares necessary documentation, memoranda and reports on all jail activities.
Maintenance duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting general maintenance work at the Detention Center
- Minor plumbing repairs (including sweating copper pipes)
- Basic knowledge of minor electric repairs
- Performance of tasks necessary for the cleanliness and proper maintenance of jail facilities and equipment
- Preventative maintenance
- Maintaining accurate and complete maintenance records
- Maintain vehicles and insure vehicle maintenance
- Serve as a contact person for outside maintenance vendors
- Must have general maintenance knowledge and be able to learn the basic layout and functions of the physical plant
Requirements: High School or GED equivalent. Must be a U.S. citizen, be at least 21 years of age, have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation. No felony record or multiple misdemeanors. Must be able to pass an extensive background check and Drug Screening. General working knowledge of maintenance operations.
Excellent Benefits such as Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance and Retirement.
This is typically an 8:00am to 4:00pm shift, Monday-Friday. However, Applicant must be willing to respond to work at any time in case of emergency. Occasional overtime may be required.
All newly hired Deputies will complete a 40 hour training session.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Apply in person at: Boyle County Detention Center, 1860 South Danville By-pass, Danville, KY. 40422
Boyle County Detention Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Boyle County Detention Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.