(859) 238-1115

Re:   Occupational Licensing and Net Profit Requirements

All businesses shall pay an annual occupational license fee to the city and the county for the privilege of engaging in such activities within the City of Danville and the County of Boyle.  When conducting business within the city limits of Danville, an occupational license is required.  Each following year you will be required to file a form NP (net profit return) and pay a fee based on 1.75% (after October 1, 2017) of the net profit earned from sales within the City of Danville and .75% of the net profit earned within the County of Boyle.   In addition, you are required to withhold a gross wage tax of 1.90% (after October 1, 2017) from each employee who earns a wage while working within the city and .75% within the county.  This withholding is to be reported on the Employers Quarterly Withholding Return Form and remitted quarterly by the end of the month following the end of the quarter.

You can view the County of Boyle Ordinance No.220.4 at boyleky.com (see link below) and the City of Danville Ordinance No.1687 at danvilleky.org.   If you have any questions, call Susanna Ryan or Mary Sleet at (859) 238-1115.




2018 Welcome Business Packet


2017 (Beginning October 1, 2017)

Welcome Business Packet 2017

Danville Rate Change Notice

Annual License Fee Return Effective 10/1/2017

Employers Quarterly Withholding Return 2017

FAQ’s for 2017 Danville rate increase

Reconciliation Form (2017)


2016 (Ending September 30, 2017) Forms

Annual License Fee Return (updated 1/6/2017 – fillable form soon)

Employers Quarterly Withholding Return (updated 1/6/2017 – fillable form soon)

Business Closure Form


Refund Request Forms – Employee Withholding Fees

The Tax Administrator’s Office is responsible for the collections of payroll withholdings and net profit fees for Boyle County and the City of Danville. Joint collection forms may be found at this website. A copy of the County Ordinance may be obtained by clicking on the link above.