“The Addiction Crisis in Central Kentucky: Information, Comfort, and Support for Faith Leaders”
Come and learn about Substance Use Disorders and how faith communities are responding to the changing face of addiction and recovery. Learn about the special needs of military families. Learn what to do in the event of a drug overdose in your congregation. Leave with new knowledge, resources, and hope for the future of God’s work in challenging times.
Date: May 2, 2017
Time: 7:45 am – 1:45 pm
Location: Centenary United Methodist Church
1441 Perryville Road, Danville, Kentucky
- Rev. Marcus Lynn, Pastor of First Christian Church, Versailles, and Chair of Woodford County ASAP
- Ms. Cay Shawler, M.S., Certified Psychologist
- Ms. Anna Duncan, M.S., LPCC
- Voices of Hope of Lexington
- “Panel of Hope” – people sharing resources, experiences, and faith.
- Boyle County Agency for Substance Abuse Policy
- Hope Network
- Bluegrass Prevention
- Centenary United Methodist Church
Registration is FREE and includes breakfast and lunch. Continuing education certificates will be available.
Register by April 26, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.